Pressed But Not Crushed

Monday, April 7, 2008

This past year I have been pressed from every side of my life as a Wife and Mom to Work and even as a servant in our church. As the old commercial says..."Calgon take me away...". (I designed the image on the left as a ministry tool to remind us of those refreshing times.)

It seems as though I add 2 to 3 pages to my ToDo list everyday. I have started to feel a little overloaded. I have to constantly remind myself that I am not superwomen. As the song goes ... "I can bring home the bacon. Fry it up in a pan And never let you forget you're a man 'Cuz I'm a woman!" NOT! (The song was used in Enjoli perfume commercials of the 1970s.)

When we begin to feel overwhelmed, we need to make sure that we are trying to fulfill God's purpose for our lives. Jer. 6:16 (NIV) says..."This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. "

I remember 2 Cor. 4:7-9 which says...Although we may be pressed, we are not crushed. Although we may be perplexed, we are not in despair. Although we may be persecuted,we are not forsaken. Though struck down, we are not destroyed. Our power does not come from ourselves but from God. When we are weak he surly is strong.

As I reflect back on March 30, 2007, when we gave Tre' back to God, a tremor of fear goes through me. How was I able to endure? Through His gift of courage. How was I able to hold my lifeless 4 year old for 5 hours? It was His strength. How was I able to walk away as my son was wheeled down the hospital hallway by the funeral home? It was His Peace. I thank God or His Strength, Courage, and Peace. I rely on Him now in much the same way I did then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful words Demetria and for reminding me that God is in control in every situation.

Deanna on April 12, 2011 at 11:50 AM said...

Demetria,

Thanks for sharing this. It's encouraging to be reminded that we can walk through each day with God's strength.

Your precious little boy is proudly watching his momma from heaven!

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada